What?

Oh dear.

I took control box to computer and uploaded sketch with shorter venting cycle. Relays fired as expected. I reconnected to farm and something wasn’t right – servo sounded to be struggling. It worked fine in testing.

Then pop.

Transformer cutout and a telling smell appeared. I thought it was in the control box but that was fine. I then lifted lid on farm and smoke came out. One of the sensors was burnt out.

This is where my limited novice knowledge shows. I’ve worked through wiring and think I’ve found problem. Having belled out ground through supplies I decided to share 5v and 12v ground to farm to transformer common. It sounds dumb now but that’s learning for you. Something to do tomorrow now. And I’ll delay livestock order.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s